In an interesting twist of events, Gregg was team doctor and assistant coach on Nathan's soccer team. So, I filled in as football team doc while he was at Nathan's practices. One evening, I ran back to the car to get a child some benadryl. I had Aleah, her girlfriend, Bandit, and a hand full of stuffed animals in tow.... Running back so the girls and I could get to the swings faster, in clogs, with 3 year old in arms, benadryl, car keys, animals, and cell phone, chasing dog, I slipped and fell breaking my leg! IT was displaced and VERY obviously broken. Those parents did not need a docotor; they knew exactly what to do! I had the fracture reduced in the ER and surgery the next day; 10 pins and one plate.... A splimt for two weeks and the world's coolest cast after that.....
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Football, Soccer, and Broken Legs!
In an interesting twist of events, Gregg was team doctor and assistant coach on Nathan's soccer team. So, I filled in as football team doc while he was at Nathan's practices. One evening, I ran back to the car to get a child some benadryl. I had Aleah, her girlfriend, Bandit, and a hand full of stuffed animals in tow.... Running back so the girls and I could get to the swings faster, in clogs, with 3 year old in arms, benadryl, car keys, animals, and cell phone, chasing dog, I slipped and fell breaking my leg! IT was displaced and VERY obviously broken. Those parents did not need a docotor; they knew exactly what to do! I had the fracture reduced in the ER and surgery the next day; 10 pins and one plate.... A splimt for two weeks and the world's coolest cast after that.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment