Thursday, October 2, 2008

The "Girl" Factor






I must admit, it has been fun dressing a baby girl, placing bows in her hair, buying ruffled socks etc but I hadn't really appreciated all the excitement of "finally getting your girl" until Miss Aleah opened her first baby doll and held her in a way no boy ever would know how, I felt the "girl" connection and I'm loving it! Can't wait for our first tea party! Let it be known though that I am happy she plays soccer with the boys and doesn't mind getting dirty (so far). Nathan was also distressed one day when Aleah threw down her baby doll who does cry. His response "Great! Now, I have to take care of Aleah's baby for her." He then brought the doll in the car with us and cared for her all day! Boys are GREAT! Girls are GREAT! It is fun to relive childhood through the eyes of a boy and a girl. Enjoy the photos of Aleah's pure joy with her baby from Grandpa Pierre and Grandma Sharon, the novelty hasn't worn off.

1 comment:

Addisyn's World said...

I understand. Girls are great but all the kids I nannied for were boys. They were so much fun too. Kids in general are just the best. Cute pics of Aleah!!!! We needed some new pictures.