Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Nathan Grows Up!










Well, I guess I blinked again! My baby had his first day of pre-school this morning, it was just an hour meet the teacher etc so a nice transition. All I have to say is, Nathan was ready. He was all excited getting dressed this morning and then quietly held my hand as we walked in. I told him he was going to make a lot of new friends at school. Simitaneously, he spotted a group of kids, let go of my hand and yelled "Hi friends!" His teacher is very sweet; Mrs. Schindberg of the "elephant" class. We chatted and met all the kids and then the parents were sent out of the room. I peeked in and Nathan was doing puppets with another girl and the teacher was reading a story. When we left, we took lunch to Nolan. Nathan was beeming with pride and told all the big kids about HIS school. It was precious he wants to go back tomorrow! He was being silly for his pictures as you can tell. The sink pictures were taken a few days ago, he asked if I remembered when I gave him baths in the sink and climbed in for more! He is reliving his baby years as our Leah's due date approaches. He revealed to me that he is nervous about all the time she will take and wants to be sure that he will always be my baby. We had a long discussion about all the things to expect this morning and then I reveiwed his jobs (teach her to smile, laugh etc). He looked at me and said "And to play soccer?". I asked if he wanted to get her a soccerball and he got all excited:" A PINK one!" Low and behold Target had a size one tiny pink soccerball now wrapped and ready to take to his sister! Nathan is now curled next to his big brother who let him be a "baby" all night tonight! Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Addisyn's World said...

Yeah Nathan. I am so proud of him. I hope he loves it next time too. It sounds like he will. Big boys, good thing you have another baby coming so you can enjoy EVERY moment of her,

Anonymous said...

WoW Nathan! You are READY! SET! and LOOK at YOU GO! You are the MAN! Gpa and I are Proud of You!!!! You and your brother will be the best BIG Brothers Your Little Sister could ever hope for!!
Love for ever and always! Gpa and Gma