




I must admit when I sent Gregg to get the Monster Jam tickets for himself and the boys, I was secretly planning an evening alone with a bubblebath and "chick flick".... What a surprise when he came home with 4 tickets not three! "Are you taking your dad?" I inquired. "NO, honey, you're coming in case Nathan can't handle the noise, you can leave with him." How thoughtful that man is... Actually, I was not too disappointed at the missed evening alone. Even though I had three brothers, I don't ever recall being taken to a Monster truck show, nor did I have a desire until now. What a privilege to see the world through the eyes of a little boy. I really couldn't believe that Gregg was letting me into their "man world". I must also admit, I really enjoyed it. The boys were adorable. Nathan enthralled. Nolan remembered every detail of last year's show and could hardly stand for the same stunts to be repeated! The place amazingly was not filled with the tattoos that I had invisioned but mainly dads with their boys and those moms priveleged to be in the "two or more boys club". And why shopuldn't it be? The show was filled with speed, danger, jumps, crashes, fire, and no one got hurt; every little boys dream to do these things. The adreneline! The power! To think they could someday be a Monster truck driver too! And that's what they remeber and talk about. So I am ever more thankful that I went and know some of the secret; it certainly can't be too soon to start praying they survive the stunts of manhood! Maybe if we goto shows like this, they won't try these things at home...(If the boys loook tired in the pics, it is because the show was from 8pm until 11pm)> Walking beside the train tracks with a HUGE train moving on the way to the car was equally as priceless:)
1 comment:
Great updates!! At least I'm reading!
Post a Comment